Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My blush collection review!

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to do a mass review on my blush collection to see which one is the best! I'm going to do it King of the Hill-style, so at the end we'll see who's the winner!

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Heather Silk
The staying power of these blushes is nice, and it's very pigmented; however, the texture is super soft, so it might be easy to get too much product on your brush. I like to use a duo fiber brush (I use the Sigma F15) to get a lighter application.

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia
The blush in this duo is nice and pigmented, but they're very powdery, and the appearance of powder can definitely show up on your skin.

Inglot blushes
These blushes are pigmented, but definitely more buildable than Wet n Wild. They're powdery, but nowhere are powdery as the ELF blushes. The staying power is just okay--I get about six to eight hours before I see noticeable fading. I don't love the color range of this line of blushes, though; they have a ton of colors, but they're almost all muted and neutral :/

MAC Powder Blush in Fleur Power
I like the texture of this a lot more than Wet n Wild; it's not as buttery/soft, so it's more buildable and easier to work with. Of course, like any MAC product, the color range is really great, and whether you like bright or neutral colors, and whether you have lighter or darker skin, you can definitely find something that suits you!

NARS Blush in Day Dream (limited edition)
The texture of this is a little harder than MAC, so you do have to work a little harder to build up the color. NARS's color range is absolutely crazy, and if you're looking for one particular special color, you can probably find it with NARS. Plus, they really do apply very true to pan.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in True Love
INCREDIBLE staying power! It really does live up to its "12-Hour" name. In addition to staying on the cheeks, it stays looking relatively fresh, which is awesome. I like the color range of the Tarte blushes a little more than MAC, because instead of slight variations between each color, you get a bunch of distinctly different colors to try--peach/coral, pink, neutrals, and darker colors.

Milani Baked Blushes in Dolce Pink (shimmer) and Bella Rosa (matte)
I'm going to talk about two shades in this line, because depending on the finish, the quality is very different. The pigmentation of these blushes is very hit and miss--with the shimmery colors, you have to really scrub your brush into the pan to pick up any product. And when you do, it's mostly shimmer. On the other hand, with the matte blushes, you have to be very careful about applying too much product--I like to use my duo fiber brush to apply it, then use a fluffy brush to blend. And then, still, it's not the easiest to blend. Neither finish is the easiest to apply, so I'm not absolutely crazy about this formula.

Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Living Doll
These blushes are so pretty in the pan and in a concentrated swatch, but when it's sheered out with your brush, you see hardly any color, just a ton of shimmer. I don't even have particularly dark skin (I'm a warm NC30), but I really don't get any pigment out of these blushes.

Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace
The pigmentation is really awesome with these blushes--especially the matte ones--but they're a lot easier to control than Wet n Wild. The staying power is really comparable to Tarte, and I think Sleek has an even better color range. They have a ton of fun, bright colors, but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're into neutral colors; these blushes are so easy to blend, that they really turn out to look very natural and subtle on the cheeks (for example, Crochet, the orange color in this trio, turns out to look very peach).

Overall, my winner in this group would be Sleek blushes! They just fit everything that I look for in a line of blushes--great staying power, easy to apply, and a fun color selection. Tarte was a close second, but I would recommend Sleek over Tarte blushes because of the price--a single blush from Tarte costs $26, whereas a three-pan palette from Sleek costs $14.

I hope you liked this post and video! Thank you so much for reading and watching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment