Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette 2 | Review, swatches, and comparisons

 Hi guys! I'm so excited to give you this review on the new Lorac Pro Palette 2! This launched online at ULTA a couple of weeks ago, and tomorrow it will be in stores! I'm not going to lie, this is an awesome palette, and in this post I'm going to show you swatches and comparisons to other palettes.


The pigmentation of these colors is what a lot of us have come to expect from Lorac--it's super soft and pigmented, and the colors all come off with a lot of impact.

If you already have the original Lorac Pro Palette, I don't think you necessarily need to use these palettes in conjunction with one another, because I feel like they both have the elements of what I consider to be a "complete palette"--a good range of light, medium, and dark colors, as well as an even mix between matte and shimmer finishes. The way I would differentiate them (according my own makeup habits) is, the Lorac Pro Palette (1) has your super basic colors (a ton of browns, matte highlight colors, and a few variations of gold) and the Lorac Pro Palette 2 is more adventurous. There are some colors that I feel like are pretty unique, like Nectar (matte peach-pink), Mocha (medium warm shimmery brown) and Rose (light rose gold). I also feel like I rarely see Jade (dark shimmery olive) in a palette.

When I was swatching these colors, I felt like the inclusion of the jewel tone colors were very reminiscent of the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. Here are some swatches side-by-side:


Top row: Lorac Buff, Chrome, Black, Cocoa, Plum, Navy, Jade, Charcoal
Bottom row: Urban Decay Kinky, Mushroom, Blackout, Barlust, Rockstar, Evidence, Loaded, Asphalt

I know none of these are exact dupes, but I just wanted to show them to you side by side so you can judge how similar or different you think they are!

So overall, I absolutely love the Lorac Pro Palette 2! I think it's really a matter of whether you like these individual colors, because they're not just your basic browns. I hope you found this review helpful, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment