Monday, June 30, 2014

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette | Review, swatches, and comparisons!

Hi guys! I just got my Coastal Scents 2 palette a few days ago, and I wanted to share my review on it.


This is my first-ever Coastal Scents purchase, and I have to say, the texture of these eyeshadows is pretty good! Most of them are pretty smooth and pigmented--others are a bit powdery, but none of the colors in this palette are chalky at all. In general, the darker colors are a bit more powdery, but to be honest, I prefer them that way, because that means it would be easier to tap excess powder off my brush, so I don't apply too much. However, I am really impressed with the quality of the light and medium matte colors; they're super smooth and don't need very much building up.


I don't have the original Revealed palette, but that has been pretty much accepted as an Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palette dupe. I have heard a lot of people speculate that the Revealed 2 palette would be a dupe of the Naked 3 palette, so I decided to see how many colors in the Revealed 2 palette would be comparable:

The Revealed 2 palette and Naked 3 palette side-by-side


Top: Urban Decay Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
Bottom: Comparable colors in the Revealed 2 palette

I was so surprised that every color in the Naked 3 palette has a really close match in the Revealed 2 palette. The textures of the eyeshadows are very comparable too! As a whole, I think the Revealed 2 palette is definitely a good, more affordable option that has even more colors (that gorgeous burgundy!), so you might even find the Revealed 2 palette more versatile! I hope you found this review helpful, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment