Monday, May 19, 2014

Makeup products that aren't worth the hype!

Today I wanted to do a post about products that I don't think are worth the hype. These aren't necessarily bad products, but just some things that I don't think are worth buying.

bareMinerals Original Foundation
This product claims to be a full-coverage foundation that gives you a really flawless coverage, and I have heard a lot of people rave about this, but somehow this just goes on really patchy on me, with really poor coverage. The staying power is also not great; by noon, most of it will have worn off on my T-zone, even if I'm not particularly greasy or it's not very hot outside. I've used this a lot (for over a year), in different climates and when my skin is dry, oily, or both, and it has never performed that way it claims to.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette
This is one of the most popular palettes right now, and it is an adorable idea, but it just has so many overlaps with the original Naked palette, the Lorac Pro palette, and several others. See comparisons in my blog post here.

Marc Jacobs The Lolita eyeshadow palette
I have many grievances with this product--the price, eyeshadow quality, and the composition of the palette itself. The eyeshadow colors are very, very similar to those in the original Too Faced Natural Eye palette (you can see comparisons in my blog post here). Even if you get the new version of the Natural Eye palette, I think you can still get a reasonably similar look to the Lolita palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment