Friday, September 6, 2013

August favorites!

Here are some products that I've been loving this past month!

Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana


Even though this product is called a bronzer, it's definitely a highlighting color. It's so soft and subtle and not glittery at all--it's a satin finish, so you can use it quite liberally and build it up without having shimmer pile on your face.

Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Pressed Powder

  

This is a really nice, smooth powder that doesn't leave a dry/powdery look. It's not a very matte when you apply it with a brush, but it does have decent coverage.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer


This is a lot better coverage than most tinted moisturizers--I can build this up to be a medium coverage--and gives my skin a really smooth, velvety look.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink


I really love Wet n Wild blushes! They're so rich, blendable, and pigmented--and super cheap ($2.99). I really like this color in particular; it looks so fresh and pretty and isn't overly shimmery.

Urban Decay Naked Basics palette





I'm a little late on the Naked palette bandwagon, but as I've tried them, I've become very attached to all of them! Urban Decay eyeshadows are all really great quality--really pigmented and rich--so what I look for is whether a palette works well on its own, without having to bring in other products. The Naked Basics palette is now my go-to for an everyday, natural look--I use Naked 2 all over the lid, Faint on the outer corner, and Venus on the inner corner. It's also really small and light with a big mirror, so it's great for travel!

Come back on Monday for my August disappointments! This is awful... I actually have a lot more to say about products that I don't like...

No comments:

Post a Comment