Friday, August 30, 2013

Sephora Give Me Some Lip kit - high end lip product reviews

Sephora sells a lot of "Sephora Favorites" kits, which are collections of best-selling products--it's a great way to try some different things at relatively guilt-free prices. I picked up the lip product kit ($25), which has six samples, and I'm going to review each one to see which would be worth buying the full-size. These kits come and go and are updated, but the full-size products are permanent items in their inventory.


All of these come in neutral pink colors, so this set works for everyone!

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment (full size $22.50)


This is a really rich tinted lip balm. I love the sugary, lemony scent, although it doesn't taste like anything :( The color is very buildable, so it can be very versatile. I've used this in the past, and it prevents dry lips even in winter in the northeast! Love it.

Laura Mecier Lip Glace in Bare Pink (full size $24)


This smells like cupcakes and frosting! This color is a little pale for me, but I think it would be nice to wear over a stain. This reminds me of Neutrogena lip glosses; it's really creamy and moisturizing and not sticky, but unlike Neutrogena, this won't grab onto dry flakes and make them stand out. Love it.

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly (full size $19)


This feels and tastes minty, but smells like caramel corn! It's supposed to be plumping, but since I already have big fat lips, I'm not sure if it works. The color wears very well, but after a couple of hours, it gets so sticky! I actually had a tiny chunk of gravel stick onto my lips when the wind blew. I also found it very odd that it was so intensely minty for over half an hour, that it actually made my lips feel kind of numb. Leave it.

NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight (full size $25)


This color is so pretty, but it looks like a clear gloss on the lips--although I'm sure the brighter and darker colors would be more pigmented. It's a little sticky, but for a lip gloss, it does wear a long time. However, I feel like there must be a ton of drugstore lip glosses that do the same thing--leave it.

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb (full size $24)


This is really pigmented! This is a semi-matte finish, but it feels so creamy and not dry at all. It doesn't seem to stain my lips, but it does wear through eating and drinking. Love it.

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy (full size $24)


This is full-size, which makes this set a great deal! Even though it has "luster" in its name, it has more of a creamy/dewy finish rather than a shiny one. This glides on really nicely and wears comfortably. This is the perfect pink/nude for me, but the shimmer can accentuate dry flakes. If your lips get really dry, just be sure to exfoliate them before wearing this particular shade. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment